How do you increase conversion for the 2nd biggest Stock image site in the world (using a Product pipeline that wasn't ideal for on-the-fly testing and iteration)?
We analyzed data to find the landing pages that had increased conversion the most over the last year, and put forth all our efforts into optimizing/redesigning them.
There was also the challenge that the UX/Product pipeline did not allow for on-the-fly design iterations to our CMS. But we found a hack. I realized if you knew HTML/CSS; you could make changes directly to a CMS page, without needing the Product team. Working in conjunction with Product Mgrs we found an innovative workflow that allowed us to iterate ourselves. After coding on my own, I onboarded a 3rd party dev team from India; and with them and the Creative team; we started iterating and testing designs on our own.
We also interviewed our target Personas via usertesting.com; getting the Creative team to incorporate aspirational best-in-class design and imagery that was ahead of creative trends. Finally, we used Google Analytics to A/B test and iterate on the best designs.
1. Instead of just having Creative design for one page; we brought them into the UX fold and had them think about the entire User Flow before designing the main gateway.
2. Conversely we got the Product team to focus on the importance of graphic design and image curation towards the stunning imagery our users wanted, instead of just tuning wireframes.
3. Lastly; we found a new data-driven way to have UX/Product/SEO and Testing Optimization teams work together, quickly and towards more measurable, actionable results. The analytics showed our iterations were slowly starting to overtake the control.
Services: UX/UI, Creative Direction, Direct Marketing, Conversion Optimization.